This position is for our Advisory Practice, where you will assist companies with gaining insight into their businesses, advise on strategic initiatives and transactions, and assist with special projects, reports and other objectives within the accounting advisory space.
At Bookkeeper360, we help small and medium business owners focus on growing their business by eliminating the headaches of managing a finance department and providing the expertise often not available except to large organizations. Bookkeeper360 has been voted by NerdWallet as the best overall Bookkeeping Solution for Small Businesses for the past two years and we expect to get recognition as global trusted advisors across all industries.
We are expanding our team to keep up with rapid growth. You’ll leverage your experience and play a crucial role in developing our Advisory Practice within a scaling organization that is aggressively investing in people, process, and technology.
What you'll do as a Senior Consultant at Bookkeeper360:
• Create and maintain work paper files and detail review junior staff work papers
• Support training initiatives and methodology improvement efforts
• Work diligently to develop the skills required to meet expectations for a Manager position.
• Responsible for understanding complex accounting and reporting matters
• Assist companies with the proper application of accounting standards and processes.
• Draft initial observations and recommendations
How to be successful in this role:
• Must be Driven, Accountable, Humble, and Team-Oriented
• 4-Year degree in accounting or a related field (BS/MS/MBA), required
• CPA or CPA Candidate, required
• CISA, CIA, CMA, preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in mid-size or large public accounting firm and/or relevant industry experience, required
• Financial statement audit, financial due diligence, or CFO advisory experience, preferred
• Supervisory experience, preferred
• Experience applying US GAAP, US Income Tax, and IFRS accounting standards
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
• Fundamental understanding of audit work paper documentation standards
• Proficient with Google Suite application, preferred
• Proficient in accounting and tax research databases, preferred
• Fundamental understanding of database architecture and data analytic techniques
• Ability to successfully multitask while working independently, in a remote work environment, and within a group environment
What you can expect as a Team Member:
• Competitive salary + performance bonus
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K with employer match
• Paid parental leave and job security for all new parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
• Fully remote workplace
• Unlimited PTO after the first year
• Company paid holidays
• Virtual team-building activities and other company-wide events
• Collaborative team-based work environment
• Career path and advancement opportunities - company policy of promoting from within
At Bookkeeper360, we are committed to hiring diverse talent from different backgrounds. Our company values an inclusive work environment. We do not discriminate based on race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.
Bookkeeper360 disrupts traditional business accounting by leveraging its proprietary technology and services to streamline and integrate back-office, management reporting, advisory, payroll, and tax solutions.
We have been recognized by Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies and an Inc. 5000 Best places to work.
Bookkeeper360 has earned a 4.8 Google ranking from our hardworking team and the 1000+ customers we’ve supported.