This position works within our client services department in which you will be managing and overseeing the quality of work of a team of accountants, who own their own book of business and are responsible for our clients’ success.
At Bookkeeper360, we help small business owners focus on growing their business by eliminating the headaches of managing a finance department. Bookkeeper360 has been voted by NerdWallet as the best overall Bookkeeping Solution for Small Businesses for the past two years.
Our firm is in a hyper-growth stage and we are expanding our team to service our fast-growing client base. It is essential that we lay the foundation for a successful organization. You’ll leverage your past experience and play a crucial role in managing a team of like-minded individuals and the following day to day responsibilities.
What you'll do as an Accounting Manager at Bookkeeper360:
• Manage a team of 5-10 accountants and ensure they are following company procedures
• Ensure accuracy, quality control, and overseeing the profitability of client engagements
• Experience working with costing inventory, valuation, cut off testing and controls
• Building a chart of accounts based on business functions and reporting needs
• Experience managing cash flow for small businesses
• Interact with business owners, providing high-level insights, and advanced analysis on their business’s financials and performance
• Proactive in raising questions and issues to bring to Leadership’s attention
• Complete knowledge of Bookkeeper360’s platform of services and ability to cross sell
• Point of contact for escalation for client-related issues
How to be successful in this role:
• Must be Driven, Accountable, Humble, and Team-Oriented
• Expertise in accrual basis financial reporting including deferred revenue
• Strong financial analytic skills
• Preferred accounting: experience in ecommerce, product companies, technology, professional service business, and real estate
• Knowledge of Quickbooks Online or Xero
• Experience working with Shopify, Bill.com, and Gusto
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience using Office & Google Suite (Docs, Sheets)
• BS/MS in accounting
• Consulting experience
• Cloud-based accounting experience
• Public accounting experience
• Business and sales tax experience
• CPA certified is a plus
What you can expect as a Team Member:
• Salary range starting from $80,000/year + performance bonus
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K with employer match
• Paid parental leave and job security for all new parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
• Fully remote workplace
• Unlimited PTO after the first year
• Company paid holidays
• Virtual team-building activities, and other company-wide events
• Collaborative team-based work environment
• Career path and advancement opportunities - company policy of promoting from within
At Bookkeeper360, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.
Bookkeeper360 is a fintech accounting solution for small businesses. Bookkeeper360’s product offerings include SaaS business intelligence tools and tech-enabled accounting, advisory, back-office, payroll, and tax services provided by its 100% U.S. Based team of CPA’s and accounting experts.
We have been recognized by Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies and an Inc. 5000 Best places to work.
We have earned a 4.8 Google ranking from the 1000+ customers as a result of our hardworking and dedicated team.