At Bookkeeper360, we help small business owners focus on growing their business by eliminating the headaches of managing an accounting department. We are a fintech accounting solution for small businesses. We have developed proprietary software for which our clients have access to their financials. Our product offerings include SaaS business intelligence tools and tech-enabled accounting, advisory, fractional CFO and controller services, back-office, payroll, and tax services provided by our 100% U.S.-based team of CPAs and accounting experts. We are an established company that has been operating for 10 years; our dedicated team spans 26 states, and we have recently closed a seed round of funding to invest in our growth and technology!
If that is not awesome enough, here are some other reasons why you should come work with us:
We have been recognized by Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies and an Inc. 5000 Best Places to Work. 🙌
We have earned a 4.8 Google ranking from the 1000+ customers as a result of our hardworking and dedicated team. 🤗
We were voted best overall Bookkeeping Solution for Small Businesses by NerdWallet for the past three years and by Entrepreneur for 2023, and we are recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine and Money.com. 💪
Our firm is in a hyper-growth stage, and we are expanding our team to service our fast-growing client base. 🚀
About the role:
This position is for our Advisory Practice, where you will assist companies with gaining insight into their businesses, advise on strategic initiatives and transactions, and assist with special projects, reports, and other objectives within the accounting advisory space.
What you'll do as an Advisory, Senior Consultant at Bookkeeper360:
• Create and maintain work paper files.
• Detail review of junior staff work papers and work product
• Support training initiatives and methodology improvement efforts
• Work diligently to develop the skills required to meet expectations for a Manager position
• Responsible for understanding complex accounting and reporting matters
• Assist companies with the proper application of accounting standards and processes.
• Draft initial observations and recommendations
How to be successful in this role:
• Must be Driven, Accountable, Humble, and Team-Oriented
• A drive to do better and be better: You’re not satisfied with “good enough,” and something that needs fixing isn’t just someone else’s job. You love to be innovative, bring new ideas to the table, and drive improvement within your own team and across the organization
• A people-oriented mindset: You understand that people are everything. You’re collaborative, optimistic and you listen to understand, remaining kind, humble, and empathetic in all interactions
• 🎶Everyday we’re hustling🎶: You are highly motivated, determined to succeed, and comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready and willing to help out wherever you are needed most
• A thirst for knowledge: This role is as challenging as it is rewarding. You’re excited to take on new challenges and have a passion for learning new concepts.
• A “tech guru”: As a fully remote company, strong computer skills as well as strong financial analytical skills are important to our success. If you are proficient in Quickbooks Online or Xero, Shopify, Bill.com, and Gusto, communication and collaboration tools like GoogleMeets and GoogleChat, and you enjoy learning how to use new softwares and tools, you’ll fit right in
Gets you to the top of the list:
• A passion for helping small businesses
• Ability to contribute to a team in a remote work environment, including the ability to keep track of multiple objectives and tasks, feel comfortable using collaboration tools and technology to connect and coordinate with team members, and proactively communicate with the team regarding needs and challenges.
• CPA license, CPA candidate, or meet the requirements to sit for the CPA Exam
• Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting or 3 years of prior client service employment in a public accounting firm’s audit practice.
• 2-5 years of experience in an audit or advisory practice within a public accounting firm and/or relevant industry experience
•CPA, CISA, CIA, AICPA Certifications, or NACVA Certifications
• Financial statement audit, financial due diligence, or CFO advisory experience
• Staff supervisory experience
• Fundamental understanding of audit work paper documentation standards
• Experience applying US GAAP, US Income Tax, and IFRS accounting basis
• Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
• Experience researching technical accounting guidance.
• Experience researching regulatory topics, including labor, tax, and other business compliance matters
• Fundamental understanding of database architecture and data analytic techniques
• Experience comparing like entities and other financial statement level analytics
What you can expect as a Team Member:
• $80,000-$100,000/year salary + performance bonus
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K with employer match
• Paid parental leave and job security for all new parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
• Fully remote workplace
• Unlimited PTO after the first year
• Company-paid holidays
• Virtual team-building activities and other company-wide events
• Collaborative team-based work environment
• Career path and advancement opportunities - company policy of promoting from within
At Bookkeeper360, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds, and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.